Kreativ Blogger Award
I’m honored! I’ve been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award by another aspiring author, Amy, blogging over at Amy author blog. Thanks so much, Amy! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my blog as much as I’ve been enjoying yours.
According to the rules for those nominated, I have to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated me for the award and provide a link.
- List 7 things about myself that readers might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers, provide links and let them know
7 things about me:
- The place I’ve lived longest is Rome, Italy – 13 years and counting…
- My husband is Italian and my half-Italian kids crack me up when they speak with their hands or roll their eyes and say “Mamma mia!”
- I only watch soccer every four years, when the World Cup rolls around, and then I can’t get enough of it.
- I’m a serial language-learner and I love practicing on my travels. I’ve studied Italian, French, Spanish, German and Czech and now I’m struggling with Chinese (in what I’m sure will be a life-long pursuit).
- I’m a hopeless traveloholic and I’m doing my best to ensure my children suffer from the same ‘affliction’.
- Beach + swimming + good book = paradise
- I’m addicted to BBC costume dramas. If it’s set in 19th century England and shown in twenty-plus episodes, I’m sure to be tuned in.
7 other bloggers I’d like to nominate:
- Journey of a Romance Writer – Chantel’s site offers up great writing tips and book recommendations
- Melinda Dozier – Guatemala-based Melinda shares her path to publication and offers useful advice to other writers
- Travis’ Trail of the Tale – UK-based humorous writer, Travis, offers helpful advice on the writing life
- Travel Savvy Mom – Jamie Pearson’s hilarious take on traveling all over the world with kids in tow is a must for parents ready to take the plunge. I’ve loved writing guest posts for Jamie about our own family travel (mis-)adventures
- Kim Talks Books – Swedish-based Kim authors this great blog about books and writing .. and all things Swedish
- Descriptedlines – Rome-based author Amber blogs about books, writing, and life in Italy
- Women’s fiction writers – Author Amy Sue Nathan blogs about women’s fiction authors and all aspects of the writing process, including fabulous author interviews that help shed light on the business.
Thanks to all these great bloggers for sharing their knowledge and inspiring other writers! Those of us writing today are so incredibly lucky to have a supportive on-line community of fellow writers.
Love your 7 facts! I think we are so much alike – just replace Italy with Guatemala… and my kids say “A la gran!” 🙂 Thanks for the nomination!
Fun to watch your kids growing up in a different culture, isn’t it, Melinda? I love your site and I’m really happy to have it and the others for great information.. and needed motivation!
Ah yes, with mine its the “Ooh la la” so French 🙂